The gospel campaign will be at Vellalamkulam and surrounding villages near Senthamaram, Tirunelveli District of Tamil Nadu.
Bros. Philipkutty and John Kennedy are leading the work. Eight more evangelists and some of the interested believers from surrounding assemblieswill be joining. There will be personal evangelism, simultaneously another team will be doing the open air meetings.Also planning to arrange a convention for the last three days.
One of the missions of FIBA has always been to “reach the unreached” with the Gospel of Jesus Christ by conducting Gospel Outreach Programs with a view to establish local assemblies. In the past years FIBA conducted various programs such as Vacation Bible Schools, Gospel Campaigns, Group Weddings, Assembly Hall Construction etc., for the furtherance of the kingdom of God. These programs needed much prayers and financial support of the saints in North America. FIBA had been able to show Christ’s love and compassion to many underprivileged brethren in India through the generous contributions of the saints here. The latest of such was the Focus TMM concluded last month. As a part of its outreach, FIBA (Missions in India) had been investigating possible and affordable programs to be conducted this year. The result is the proposal to conduct a “One Month Long Gospel Campaign” in one of the remote villages of South Tamilnadu sponsored by FIBA with the support of local evangelists during the month of June 2016.
The plan is as follows:
- Conduct month long personal evangelization (from June 1st to 30th June 2016) in one of the selected villages in South Tamil Nadu
- A groups of 10 local evangelists will be there every day. There will be house visiting, personal evangelism, open air preaching and public meetings.
- The work will be done with the aim of establishing a new local church God willing.
- Planning to continue the work even after the campaign. On the concluding days, there will be a 3 day long Gospel Convention as well.
- A local evangelist will be placed in the village to continue the follow up.
- For food, fellowship, transportation, sound system etc., the expenses expected is a total of Rupees. 140,000/- (about $2000 USD).
The subcommittee responsible for “missions in India” came together on a conference call and discussed the merits and demerits of this program and concluded that we may proceed with it with the approval and prayerful support of the Executive Committee members of FIBA.
We need material fellowship as well and if anyone is led by the Lord to contribute towards meeting the expenses of this program, please let Br. Santosh Abraham, Treasurer (Ph. 678 360 8997, email@example.com) or Br. Samuel Thomas, Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the other office bearers know.
We hope and trust that the Lord will bless the program and many will come to the Lord and a local testimony be established. Please pray and support.
For FIBA Committee
Reni Alexander, Noble George, Santosh Abraham